ANNUAL SPELL-A-THON DETAILS
and CONTINENT-A-THON for Kindergarten
Help raise money for your school – each student can make a direct impact in accomplishing this goal.
- Each student will receive a list of spelling words (book of continents for Kindergarten students) selected by their Classroom Guide and a sponsorship sheet. (Click on the link below to print out your child’s sponsor sheet.)
- Ask friends, neighbors, and relatives (in town and out of town) if they will please pledge money based on how many words (continents) you correctly spell (identify) on the test or a flat amount for the whole test. Each correct word (continent) earns money for our school!
- Write your sponsor’s name, phone number or email, and pledge amount on the sponsorship sheet. Don’t collect any money at that time.
- Parents, please help your children obtain sponsors (local or out of state), and learn their words. You can also help them create their personal fundraising page: https://app.donorview.com/9EDg
- Students have two weeks to study their words (continents) and get pledges before test day. Students will take a test given by their Classroom Guide at the end of the two-week study period.
- Once the test is corrected, you can collect your pledge money. Please return your envelope with your pledge money to your teacher by the designated date.
Grand Prize: $200 to the class that raises the most money. Prize money will go toward class room supplies, improvements, or an academic field trip.
Student who raises the most money per class: $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com
All participants will celebrate their accomplishments with an award ceremony & ice cream party!
- 10/30/19 – words/book of continents go home
- 10/30-11/13/19 – study words/shapes & get pledges
- 11/13/19 – test day, and results announced – begin collecting pledge money!
- 12/2/19 – pledge money is due
- 12/13/19 – awards and celebration
School Dress Code
PLEASE CLICK HERE to review the MSMS student dress code.
School Spirit Shirts and Hoodies
Our School Spirit Shirts and Hoodies are available in a wide range of colors and sizes!
SHIRTS (logo front & back): Youth sizes $12: XS, S, M, L, XL Adult sizes $12: S, M, L, XL Adult sizes $15: 2XL, 3XL
HOODIES (front logo only): Pull Over or Zip Front $25: Youth S to Adult XL Pull Over or Zip Front $30: Adult 2XL, 3XL
We recommend that each student have a School Spirit Shirt to wear for off-campus field trips and events. See the list below for your child’s classroom Spirit Shirt color:
- Seahorse (Kindergarten) – Purple
- Manatee (Lower El.) – Heather Purple
- Osprey (Lower El.) – Clover Green
- Reef Gecko (Upper El.) – Light Blue
- Sea Sta (Upper El.) – Orange
- Blue Tang (Early Secondary) – Royal Blue
To place your order stop by the school’s front office, or complete an order form and send it into the school with cash or check (made payable to MSMS). CLICK HERE for Spirit Shirt order form, CLICK HERE for Hoodie order form.
Field Trip Permission Form
PLEASE CLICK HERE to view the list of forms required each school year for enrolled students.
May Sands Montessori School Meals Menu SY2020
Cereal – Honey Nut Cheerios
Cereal – Cinnamon Toast Crunch
*PBJ Combo *Yogurt Combo *Yogurt Parfait *
*Egg salad sandwich *Turkey & cheese sandwich *Ham & cheese sandwich*
*Turkey Salad *Ham Salad *Tuna Salad *Egg Salad *Chicken Salad*
*Chicken wrap *Turkey wrap *Ham wrap *Tuna wrap *Veggie wrap*
*All meals come with milk, juice, and fruit*
2019-2020 Breakfast and Lunch Prices
Grades K-5 Breakfast $1.75, Lunch $2.50
Grades 6-12 Breakfast $1.75, Lunch $2.85
All Grades Reduced Breakfast $.30, Reduced Lunch $.40
Adult Breakfast $2.25, Lunch $3.60
Need to have a MARC Rainbow Cafe lunch delivery for your child? Call them at: 305-296-4293 *20
International Peace Day – Annual Peace March
Each year our school participates in a silent peace march. Along with the students from the Montessori Children’s School of Key West, they march to Bayview Park for a peace exchange and recite Gandhi’s Prayer for Peace and sing Light a Candle for Peace. Click the links below for your copy of the prayer and song lyrics.