Our school thrives on a strong partnership between the school and home. We are happy to have the support of our families: in the classroom, around campus, and in our community. Thank you for choosing May Sands Montessori as your student’s education provider.
Charter school families make a commitment to support their student’s school through volunteer service. At May Sands Montessori School (MSMS), each family is responsible for giving 25 hours, annually, with five of those hours dedicated toward fundraising activity. This year all school service must be verified by the House and Grounds Committee Chairperson or a member of MSMS Staff. Families must sign in and out and must indicate the type of service completed. We are no longer able to convert monetary donations to Service Hours. There will be many opportunities for families to earn double service hours through varied forms of support; from serving on committees or volunteering at events, to help promote our school in the community – we appreciate and rely on you!
Our most common school forms can be found here.
The District has now updated the Volunteers In Schools Application process. Thank you for taking a few moments to review their handbook http://keysschools.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/1523249/File/Documents/MCSD%20Volunteer%20Handbook%20Final.pdf before updating your account.
- Volunteers are required to read the handbook attached, then
- Log into your account here and follow the prompts below to update your status:
- If you do not have an account, please Enroll in Volunteer Initiative and log into your account to complete the next steps.
- Click on the Application Process Tab and select
- Click on the Basic Tab
- Update your information
- Electronically sign your application
- Click on the Types Tab
- Preferred Type:
- Select Volunteer
- Select your options
- Ensure Key West Montessori Charter School is selected
- Acknowledge Visitor Handbook