On this page MSMS families will find the following information:
- School Committee Information
- Required Forms for MSMS Families
- School Lunch Options and Information
- Helpful Tools for MSMS Families
- School Volunteer Application Process
Our school thrives on a strong partnership between the school and home. We are happy to have the support of our families: in the classroom, around campus, and in our community. Thank you for choosing May Sands Montessori as your child’s education provider.
School Committee Information
Participation on at least one committee is a requirement for each family at May Sands Montessori School.
We are in the process of updating our committee chairperson list – thanks for your patience.
Required Forms for MSMS Families
We have transitioned most of our required school forms to digital format, using Google Forms. The following forms are required for school records:
Authorized Student Pick-Up List – This form must be completed to allow family members and friends to pick-up your child from school.
Independent Student Travel Permission – This form must be completed for your child to walk, bicycle, etc to and from school without parent/legal guardian supervision.
Volunteer Release Form – All MSMS families are required to complete 25 service hours per school year. Please scroll down to School Volunteer Application Process to complete your volunteer registration.
School Lunch Options and Information
There are 3 options for your child’s school lunch:
1.) Monroe County School District Free and Reduced Lunch Program: One family application is required annually. If you have qualified for SNAP, TANF or MEDICAID, and application may not be necessary. To see if you qualify for meal benefits, please complete the online MCSD application: https://frapps.horizonsolana.com/welcome
To make lunch payments, please go to: https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome
For information about menus and pricing please to to: Meal Menu and Price List.
2.) Marc House Rainbow Cafe: Families can pre-order a lunch delivery by calling 305-296-4293 *20.
PLEASE NOTE: MSMS only allows student lunch delivery from either the MCSD Meal Program or the Marc House Rainbow Cafe. Meal delivery from any other entity is not allowed.
3.) Send a packed lunch: Refrigeration and re-heating is not available, please ensure that your child’s lunch is packed in an insulated lunch bag.
Helpful Tools for MSMS Families
School Volunteer Application Process
As required by the MCSD (Monroe County School District), all individuals that want to volunteer within the school must have a completed VISA (Volunteers in School Activities) application and agree to a background check before receiving approval to volunteer. The application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please see the following instructions to complete your volunteer application:
- Complete the Volunteer Release Form
- Read the MCSD Volunteer Handbook. (In your application you are required to acknowledge that you have read this.)
- Complete your online VISA (Volunteers in School Activities) application by going to: https://visa.keysschools.com/ **IMPORTANT – Your VISA application must be completed in full to be processed**
- Click on ENROLLMENT and complete all tabs before clicking SUBMIT ** SECURITY LEVEL – Select Level 1 unless otherwise advised**
- Click CONTINUE (your application is incomplete and cannot be processed if you miss this step) to complete your Demographic Information, click the box to ELECTRONICALLY SIGN your application, then click SAVE
- Select “CLICK HERE to see what actions you are required to perform” and answer all 5 Security Questions, then click the box to ELECTRONICALLY SIGN your application, then click SUBMIT
- Select “CLICK HERE to see what actions you are required to perform” (again) to download a copy of your driver’s license – if you cannot do this, please bring your driver’s license to the school and ask for their assistance.
- LOG OUT, then email the school’s Volunteer Coordinator to let them know that your VISA application is complete. The school will review your application then contact the MCSD to request required background checks and final approval.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the May Sands Montessori School Volunteer Coordinator: Heather Linn at (305) 293-1400 Ext: 53418 or by email: [email protected]