Our school thrives on a strong partnership between the school and home. We are happy to have the support of our families: in the classroom, around campus, and in our community. Thank you for choosing May Sands Montessori as your student’s education provider.
Participation on at least one committee is a requirement for each family at May Sands Montessori School.
We are in the process of updating our committee chairperson list – thanks for your patience.
Planning & Development
House & Grounds
Our most common school forms can be found here
School Volunteer Application Process:
As required by the MCSD (Monroe County School District), all individuals that want to volunteer within the school must have a completed VISA (Volunteers in School Activities) application and agree to a background check before receiving approval to volunteer. The application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please see the following instructions to complete your volunteer application:
- Read the MCSD Volunteer Handbook. (In your application you are required to acknowledge that you have read this.)
- Complete your online VISA (Volunteers in School Activities) application by going to: https://visa.keysschools.com/ **IMPORTANT – Your VISA application must be completed in full to be processed**
- Click on ENROLLMENT and complete all tabs before clicking SUBMIT ** SECURITY LEVEL – Select Level 1 unless otherwise advised**
- Click CONTINUE (your application is incomplete and cannot be processed if you miss this step) to complete your Demographic Information, click the box to ELECTRONICALLY SIGN your application, then click SAVE
- Select “CLICK HERE to see what actions you are required to perform” and answer all 5 Security Questions, then click the box to ELECTRONICALLY SIGN your application, then click SUBMIT
- Select “CLICK HERE to see what actions you are required to perform” (again) to download a copy of your driver’s license – if you cannot do this, please bring your driver’s license to the school and ask for their assistance.
- LOG OUT, then email the school’s Volunteer Coordinator to let them know that your VISA application is complete. The school will review your application then contact the MCSD to request required background checks and final approval.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the May Sands Montessori School Volunteer Coordinator: Heather Linn at (305) 293-1400 Ext: 53418 or by email: Heather.Linn@KeysSchools.com