Have you volunteered to drive students to an activity in your private motor vehicle?
In order to comply with state of Florida legislation, the Monroe County School District (MCSD) requires any individual who transports students have a background check that includes fingerprint checks through the FLDE/FDLE system – taken by the MCSD administrative office. Notification of approval must be given by the MCSD before an individual can participate in this volunteer assignment.
Please complete the following steps,
NO LESS THAN 4 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT:
- Complete the MCSD volunteer application – PLEASE CLICK HERE
- Select Level 2 for your security level.
- Complete the DMV Background Check Authorization Form
- Complete the Criminal History Record Checks Form
- Those forms plus a copy of valid Florida driver’s license & a copy of valid vehicle insurance policy that displays your liability, property damage & medical coverage as part of the application.
- email: [email protected] when forms are submitted.
- You will be notified by MCSD Human Resource when you can schedule your fingerprints appointment.
- The cost of $31.60 to you (fee current as of January 1, 2019). Forms of payment accepted – Debit/Credit Card or Money Order only (no cash or personal checks). Volunteers must present their driver’s license & social security card at their fingerprinting appointment.