May Sands Montessori School families can earn their annually required 25 service hours in a variety of ways.
Scroll down to select your preferred task – an event, a campus task, an at home task, or construction related.
**Please note: you must be MCSD APPROVED to volunteer for any school activities. Please check with the school’s front office regarding your status.**
CALENDAR SCHEDULED VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- SUNDAY, DEC. 8 – EATON STREET CHRISTMAS STROLL REFRESHMENT STAND: Volunteers are needed to bake cookies & prepare hot drinks, and also to sell the refreshments at our booth. For more information and to register PLEASE CLICK HERE
- SATURDAY, DEC. 14 – LIGHTED BOAT PARADE REFRESHMENT STAND: Volunteers are needed to bake cookies & prepare hot drinks, and also to sell the refreshments at our booth. For more information and to register PLEASE CLICK HERE
- TUESDAY, DEC. 17 – CONCH TRAIN HOLIDAY LIGHTS TOUR FUNDRAISER: Volunteers are needed to prepare/supply hot chocolate & cookies, and to serve/distribute to the guests for the annual Conch Train Holiday Lights Tour. For more information please contact the school’s front desk at: 305-293-1400 ext. 53418 or email MSMS Front Office.
- SATURDAY, FEB. 1 – ANNUAL GALA NIGHT: Pencil this event in on your calendars! Volunteers will be needed prior the event for planning and for the night of the event. More details to come!
- SATURDAY, MAR. 7 – SPRING FAIR: Pencil this event in on your calendars! Volunteers will be needed prior the event for planning,for the day of the event, and afterwards for clean up. More details to come!
- THURSDAY, MAR. 12 – POKER NIGHT: Pencil this event in on your calendars! Volunteers will be needed prior the event for planning and for the night of the event. More details to come!
CAMPUS VOLUNTEER TASKS:
To schedule a time to come by and complete one of the following tasks please email MSMS Front Office or call 305-293-1400 ext. 53418
- Daily lunch time oversight, anytime from 11:00 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. (please schedule with Heather at the front office)
- Help create & build the Sea Star (Upper El.) vegetable garden (please schedule with Heather at the front office)
- Clean fish tank (this needs to be completed at least twice a year, preferably about every 2 months)
- Launder classroom mats (please make arrangements with your child’s Lead Guide)
- Clean classroom carpets (this can only be done between 3:45 P.M and 5:00 P.M, Monday through Friday)
- Hang shelving in Ms. Natalie’s (Student Support) office – items supplied
- Hang shelving in the Sea Star (Upper El.) classroom – items supplied
- Hang shelving in the Seahorse (Kindergarten) classroom – supplies donations needed
- Hang the large Kindergarten painting in the front office hallway.
- Paint closet – shelf construction & reorganization. (The current shelving needs removing, new shelves installed – supplies donations needed. Also remove the cleaning chemical dispenser machine off the wall.)
- Cut back & hang the very heavy tile art made by our students. (The main base needs to be trimmed down in size with a saw, and the frame needs to be trimmed to fit the new size & re-attached to the base, and then hang the artwork.)
- Re-paint Ms. Lynn’s office (this should be scheduled with Ms. Lynn)
AT HOME VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- MSMS Website Review: We would like a handful of volunteers to review our website thoroughly and offer feedback as to what’s missing, how easy/difficult it is to find needed information, etc. Please contact the front desk for more information and to register by calling 305-293-1400 ext. 53418 or email MSMS Front Office.
CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- Rebuild the Seahorse (Kindergarten) kitchen – supplies donations needed.
- Build a locking janitor’s closet that will store cleaning chemicals, mops, paper goods, etc – supplies donations needed.
- Build a challenge course for the P.E program – supplies donations needed. (Please email Mr. Jeff – P.E Coach to discuss design and placement.)
Please call the front office to see if you are an approved school volunteer to register for any volunteer tasks and events, at 305-293-1400 ext. 53418.
With your volunteer assistance, the District’s goal to provide a safe environment for students and staff is strengthened. We encourage all parents, guardians, community members, student graduates and business partners to contribute to learner success as a school volunteer. However, there are prerequisites needed for your kind participation. The State of Florida and the Monroe County School District have developed policies and procedures to which we all must adhere to maintain a safe and secure learning environment. To accomplish a safe and secure learning environment in MCSD, volunteers shall be screened based on (1) the level of direct contact they may have with students and (2) the types of duties that they may perform.