May Sands Montessori School families can earn their annually required 25 service hours in a variety of ways.
Scroll down to select your preferred task – an event, a campus task, an at home task, or construction related.
CALENDAR VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 5:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. – SoMo Marathon Water Station: Every year, May Sands Montessori School earns money and memories at this event while handing out waters and cheering on the runners! To register please email [email protected].
- Friday, Oct. 25, 5:00 P.M. to 9:30 P.M. – KW Local’s Walking Parade Refreshment Booth: We will be hosting a booth selling popcorn, pretzels and cold drinks to help raise funds for our school and will need volunteers to man the booth. To register please email [email protected].
- Saturday, Oct. 26, 12:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. – Bra Pong Game: In the spirit of Fantasy Fest. 2019 we will be hosting some silliness and fun with a Bra Pong Game out front of the Peace Store, 403 Caroline Street, Key West and need volunteers to man the game booth. To register please email [email protected].
- Sunday, Oct. 27, 11:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. – Children’s Day Activity Booth: Sponsored by Historical Tours of America-Old Town Trolley, Key West Children’s Day is the largest celebration for children on the island. We need volunteers to man our activity booth. To register please email [email protected].
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, 5:00 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. – Monster Mash Dance Party: Volunteers are needed for various tasks such as set up, clean up, and refreshment provisions. To register for a task please CLICK HERE.
CAMPUS VOLUNTEER TASKS:
To schedule a time to come by and complete one of the following tasks please email [email protected] or call 305-293-1400 ext. 53418
- Daily lunch time oversight, anytime from 11:00 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. (please schedule with Heather at the front office)
- Organize our boxes of tools.
- Pull weeds – out front and within the school campus grounds
- Clean fish tank (this needs to be completed at least twice a year, preferably about every 2 months)
- Trim the Plumbago bush by the front office door (this needs trimming about every 2 months)
- Launder classroom mats (please make arrangements with your child’s Lead Guide)
- Clean classroom carpets (this can only be done between 3:45 P.M and 5:00 P.M, Monday through Friday)
- Hang shelving in Ms. Natalie’s (Student Support) office – items supplied
- Hang shelving in the Sea Star (Upper El.) classroom – items supplied
- Hang shelving in the Seahorse (Kindergarten) classroom -supplies donations needed
- Hang the large Kindergarten painting in the front office hallway.
- Paint closet – shelf construction & reorganization. (The current shelving needs removing, new shelves installed – supplies donations needed. Also remove the cleaning chemical dispenser machine off the wall.)
- Cut back & hang the very heavy tile art made by our students. (The main base needs to be trimmed down in size with a saw, and the frame needs to be trimmed to fit the new size & re-attached to the base, and then hang the artwork.)
- Re-paint Ms. Lynn’s office (this should be scheduled with Ms. Lynn)
AT HOME VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- Lexile labeling of the Lower El. library books: Ms. Katie and Ms. Kristin will provide you with instructions and supplies. Please email [email protected] to register or form more information.
- MSMS Website Review: We would like a handful of volunteers to review our website thoroughly and offer feedback as to what’s missing, how easy/difficult it is to find needed information, etc. Please contact the front desk for more information and to register by calling 305-293-1400 ext. 53418 or email [email protected].
CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- Rebuild the Seahorse (Kindergarten) kitchen – supplies donations needed.
- Build a locking janitor’s closet that will store cleaning chemicals, mops, paper goods, etc – supplies donations needed.
- Build a challenge course for the P.E program – supplies donations needed. (Please email [email protected] to discuss design and placement.)
Please call the front office to see if you are an approved school volunteer to register for any volunteer tasks and events, at 305-293-1400 ext. 53418.
With your volunteer assistance, the District’s goal to provide a safe environment for students and staff is strengthened. We encourage all parents, guardians, community members, student graduates and business partners to contribute to learner success as a school volunteer. However, there are prerequisites needed for your kind participation. The State of Florida and the Monroe County School District have developed policies and procedures to which we all must adhere to maintain a safe and secure learning environment. To accomplish a safe and secure learning environment in MCSD, volunteers shall be screened based on (1) the level of direct contact they may have with students and (2) the types of duties that they may perform.