May Sands Montessori School families can earn their annually required 25 service hours in a variety of ways.
Scroll down to select your preferred task – an event, a campus task, an at-home task, or a construction-related project.
**Please note: you must be MCSD APPROVED to volunteer for any school activities. Please check with the school’s front office regarding your status.**
CALENDAR SCHEDULED VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- SATURDAY, FEB. 1 – ANNUAL GALA NIGHT: Volunteers are needed before and during the event. PLEASE CLICK HERE to volunteer for the Gala Night.
- SATURDAY, MAR. 7 – SPRING FAIR: Pencil this event in on your calendars! Volunteers will be needed prior to the event for planning, for the day of the event, and afterward for clean up. More details to come!
- THURSDAY, MAR. 12 – POKER NIGHT: Pencil this event in on your calendars! Volunteers will be needed prior to the event for planning and for the night of the event. More details to come!
CAMPUS VOLUNTEER TASKS:
To schedule a time to come by and complete one of the following tasks please call the school’s front office at 305-293-1400 ext. 53418
- Daily lunchtime oversight, anytime from 11:00 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. (please schedule with the front office)
- Help manage the Sea Star (Upper El.) vegetable garden (please schedule with the front office)
- Clean fish tank (this needs to be completed at least twice a year, preferably about every 2 months)
- Launder classroom mats (please make arrangements with your child’s Lead Guide)
- Clean classroom carpets (this can only be done between 3:45 P.M and 5:00 P.M, Monday through Friday)
- Put together pre-fab shelving for the Seahorse classroom (materials supplied)
AT HOME VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- MSMS Website Review: We would like a handful of volunteers to review our website thoroughly and offer feedback as to what’s missing, how easy/difficult it is to find needed information, etc. Please contact the front office for more information and to register by calling 305-293-1400 ext. 53418.
CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEER TASKS:
- Install kitchen cabinetry in Seahorse Classroom (materials supplied – tools & man power needed)
- Transport solid wood table from school campus to workshop – to be re-purposed as our school sign (Flatbed truck and lifting team needed – point of contact: Melissa O’Kelly, parent, Osprey Classroom)
- Build a challenge course for the P.E program – supplies/donations needed. (Please email Mr. Jeff – P.E Coach to discuss design and placement.)
Please call the front office to see if you are an approved school volunteer to register for any volunteer tasks and events, at 305-293-1400 ext. 53418.
With your volunteer assistance, the District’s goal to provide a safe environment for students and staff is strengthened. We encourage all parents, guardians, community members, student graduates, and business partners to contribute to learner success as a school volunteer. However, there are prerequisites needed for your kind participation. The State of Florida and the Monroe County School District have developed policies and procedures to which we all must adhere to maintain a safe and secure learning environment. To accomplish a safe and secure learning environment in MCSD, volunteers shall be screened based on (1) the level of direct contact they may have with students and (2) the types of duties that they may perform.