As required by the MCSD (Monroe County School District), all individuals that want to volunteer within the school must have a completed online VISA (Volunteers in School Activities) application and must agree to a background check before receiving approval to volunteer. The application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please see the following instructions to complete your volunteer application:
- Complete the Volunteer Release Form – CLICK HERE
- Read the MCSD Volunteer Handbook – CLICK HERE. (You are required to “acknowledge” that you have read this when you complete the next step.)
- Complete your online VISA (Volunteers in School Activities) application by going to: https://visa.keysschools.com/ **IMPORTANT – Your VISA application must be completed in full to be processed**
- Click on ENROLLMENT and follow the directions then SUBMIT. ** SECURITY LEVEL – Select Level 1 unless otherwise advised**
- Click CONTINUE (your application is incomplete and cannot be processed if you miss this step) to complete your Demographic Information, click the box to ELECTRONICALLY SIGN your application, then click SAVE.
- Select “CLICK HERE to see what actions you are required to perform” and answer all 5 Security Questions, then click the box to ELECTRONICALLY SIGN your application, then click SUBMIT
- Select “CLICK HERE to see what actions you are required to perform” (again) to download a copy of your driver’s license – if you cannot do this, please bring your driver’s license to the school and ask for their assistance.
- LOG OUT, then email [email protected], the school’s Volunteer Coordinator, to let them know that your VISA application is complete. The school will review your application then contact the MCSD to request required background checks and final approval.
PLEASE NOTE: You are not approved to volunteer until you have received notification from the May Sands Montessori School front office.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the May Sands Montessori School Volunteer Coordinator: Heather Linn at (305) 293-1400 Ext: 53418 or by email: [email protected]