The Great Blue Heron
As we shift from one year to the next, it is important to remember that our children are experiencing a lot of change in a short span of time. Our Upper Elementary Program shifts to fit the needs of your child as well. Why the Great Blue Heron?
“According to North American Native tradition, the Blue Heron brings messages of self-determination and self-reliance. They represent the ability to progress and evolve. The long thin legs of the heron reflect that an individual doesn’t need great massive pillars to remain stable, but must be able to stand on one’s own.”
Students in the Upper Elementary program reflect the meaning of this message and aligns with the second plane of development in Montessori philosophy.
Orientation Week: August 24- 28th
Please visit this YouTube Playlist to see all of these videos:
- Orientation Overview
- Student Expectations
- Parent Expectations and Supports
- Virtual Schedule and Joining a Meet
- Material Making – 5 Parts!
- First Quarter Curriculum (forthcoming)
Not in Playlist, but helpful to students:
- How to take a screen-shot with a Chromebook and post to Google Classroom
- How to take a photo with a Chromebook and post to Google Classroom
Sandy McCoy, Lead Guide
Send Sandy an Email Message 305-293-1400 ext. 53420
Grace Moon, Classroom Assistant
Send Grace an Email Message 305-293-1400 ext. 53420