Important Update to Health & Safety Guidelines
The Monroe County School District has implemented a universal indoor mask requirement for staff and students at all schools, effective immediately. Parents and guardians of students have the ability to complete an opt-out form, which must be on file at the school and is accessible via the FOCUS Parent Portal as well as this link: Student Mask Facial Covering Opt-Out Form
Our school requires an updated Health History form, annually.
The May Sands Montessori School adopts the following strategies to protect the health and safety of students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Physical distancing as recommended by the CDC
- Utilizing outdoor spaces for learning where appropriate
- Limiting group size across all areas of campus, including lunchtime, recess, and during enrichment classes
- Requiring the use of face masks that cover the nose and mouth when indoors and in close proximity to others
- Frequent hand washing with soapy water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Daily use of cleaning products that follow recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and are labeled as safe for humans and the environment
- Promoting vaccination for eligible populations
- Implementing quarantine procedures for persons who are exposed to COVID-19 and providing continuity of instruction
An individual is considered a close contact if they are around a positive person for 15 minutes or more at a proximity of 6 feet or less.