Important Update to Health & Safety Guidelines
At the meeting held on October 26, 2021, the Monroe County School Board voted to revise existing policies requiring the use of facial coverings at Monroe County School District facilities. Effective immediately, use of facial coverings at School District facilities and vehicles shall be optional for all staff, students and visitors.
Families who prefer to have their child continue wearing a facial covering over the nose and mouth while indoors and within close proximity to others should send a message to their child’s teacher so that we can honor their preference.
Those families who have already completed an opt-out form earlier this school year DO NOT need to complete a new form; we have previous forms on file.
Families that wish to opt their child out of facial coverings while at school should complete an opt-out form, which is accessible via this link: Student Mask Facial Covering Opt-Out Form
Our school requires an updated Health History form, annually.
The May Sands Montessori School adopts the following strategies to protect the health and safety of students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Physical distancing as recommended by the CDC
- Utilizing outdoor spaces for learning where appropriate
- Limiting group size across all areas of campus, including lunchtime, recess, and during enrichment classes
- Encouraging the use of face masks that cover the nose and mouth when indoors and in close proximity to others
- Frequent hand washing with soapy water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Daily use of cleaning products that follow recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and are labeled as safe for humans and the environment
- Promoting vaccination for eligible populations
- Implementing quarantine procedures for persons who are exposed to COVID-19 and providing continuity of instruction
An individual is considered a close contact if they are around a positive person for 15 minutes or more at a proximity of 6 feet or less.