Thank you, Mrs. Heather, “Sunny Weather” for teaching our students strategies that promote their social, emotional, and intellectual growth!
Safer Internet Day
As a parent and educator, at times I feel I am walking on a technology tightrope with cell phone permissiveness; I can appreciate the efficiencies it enables, but I’m keenly aware of how it detracts from human interaction. An article I recently read from the Greater Good Science Center
offers scientific evidence that cell phones affect human socialization.
May Sands Montessori School is promoting building & sharing friendship with carnation-grams! Students, parents, and staff can purchase carnation-grams for a scheduled delivery on 2/14! Each carnation-gram costs $2 and includes your personalized message!
Make a donation and buy a carnation
- Parents, send a special note to your child
- Students, send a carnation to a friend
- School staff can participate in spreading friendship, too!
Sales will be available during morning arrivals through Tuesday’s Fundraising meeting.
Red Party 2/13 6:00-8:00
Mangia Mangia Supports May Sands Montessori School!
25% gift back during February
Bring your friends, and share this fundraiser with the snowbirds you know
Remember to mention May Sands Montessori to your server!
*no coupons/discounts apply**dine in or take out*
Mangia Mangia challenges any/all businesses to match (or beat) their generous offer of 25% of the total check, for the month!
May Sands Montessori School will receive 10% from every share purchased that is selected for pick up @ school through February 27.All produce is 100% USDA Certified Organic. Shares are thoughtfully put together for easy menu planning.
It’s easy to get started!
1. Go online to www.moxieberries.com
2. Select your items: $35 Half share, $55 Full share, $55 Fruit Only share or $55 Veg Only share
3. Choose May Sands as your pick up location.
4. Select the date* you would like to reserve your share.
*You do not have to purchase every week, but every purchase helps our school’s fundraising efforts!
5. Make your payment on the website by credit card, Venmo, Zelle, PayPal or CashApp.
6. Join the Facebook Group to sign up as a volunteer to organize shares, ask questions, share recipes, and share what you love about your delicious organics!
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Confirm your support through the Facebook group and with Ms. Tonia: 305.293.1400, ext. 53418
- We need help organizing, labeling, and transferring the shares from Peary Court @ 9 am every Wednesday for pickup at the school during dismissal.
- We need help distributing the shares at dismissal.
The Great Gala
Saturday, March 9th, from 6-10:30 p.m.
Child Care @ school for May Sands Montessori families: $20 and $10 per additional sibling
Shuttle service to and from Lost Kitchen for anyone seeking transportation: $10 per rider
Follow the links, below, to attend the event:
Everyone counts! Our charter school relies on active support from each family to operate successfully.